Terms and Conditions
Please read the following terms and conditions carefully, as they set out your rights and duties when you use or visit the website.
1. In these terms and conditions:
* "Bankmed" means Bankmed and its trustees, employees and/or partners
* "content" means the content and information on the website
* "you" and "your" means the user of, and visitor to, the website
* "website" means the Bankmed website, located at http://www.bankmed.co.za, and all links or attachments thereto
2. By using or visiting the website you agree that you are bound by these terms and conditions. If you don't want to be bound by these terms and conditions, you must not use or visit the website.
3. The content is confidential and belongs to Bankmed. You may not:
* use the content or disclose it to any person whatsoever without Bankmed's prior written consent
* copy or distribute the content
* take any action in reliance on the content
4. You may be civilly or criminally liable if you breach 3 above.
5. Bankmed tries to ensure that content is obtained from reliable sources. However, Bankmed does not warrant or represent, whether expressly or implied, that any content is accurate, correct or complete.
6. You use the website at your own risk. Bankmed is not liable to you or any third party for any direct, indirect, special or consequential damages (including, without limitation, any loss of profits or business interruption) howsoever flowing from any direct or indirect use of, or reliance on any content.
7. Bankmed retains the copyright, trademark, trade restrictions and other intellectual property rights in the content (including, without limitation, the general design and the images). You may only open and read the website and/or attachments.
8. The views and opinions expressed on the website don't necessarily reflect the views and/or opinions of Bankmed.
9. Subject to urgent and interim relief, all disputes, disagreements, damages and/or liabilities, in any manner related to the:
* interpretation, validity, access to and enforceability of these terms and conditions
* the website
* the content
shall be referred for urgent and confidential arbitration in terms of the arbitration rules of the Arbitration Foundation of Southern Africa and such arbitration shall be conducted in Cape Town in English.
10. The law of South Africa governs the website and these terms and conditions.
11. Information disclosures required by law include:
* full name of Bankmed: Bankmed registration number 1279 in terms of the Medical Schemes Act 131 of 1998
* postal address: PO Box 1242, Cape Town, 8000
* street address: 101 De Korte Street, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2017
* promotion of Access to Information Act manual: Displayed on the website
12. Bankmed may change these terms and conditions at any time without notice to you. Any changes will become effective when Bankmed publishes them on the website. You agree to check the website and the terms and conditions regularly for changes. By continuing to use and visit the website after Bankmed makes the changes, you agree to be bound by the changed terms and conditions.
Please contact Bankmed should you have any questions regarding this website's legal notice on 0800 Bankmed (0800 226 5633).