YOUR BANKMED PLAN SELECTION AND OFFERING FOR 2012
We are pleased to introduce Bankmed's 2012 benefit offering and to invite you to exercise your plan choice for the coming year.
- Click here for information regarding plan selections for 2012.
- Click on the links to view the summary of benefit and contribution changes for the Basic Plan, Core Saver Plan, Traditional Plan, Comprehensive Plan and Plus Plan.
- Click here to download the 2012 Benefit and Contribution Schedule.
- Click here for a plan selection form.
2012 Benefit and Contribution Schedule
This Benefit and Contribution Schedule for 2012 provides a summary of benefits covered by the Scheme and contributions payable on the various plans. It also contains other meaningful information that you will need on hand from time to time. We encourage you to familiarise yourself with the content and to know your benefits. Click here to download the 2012 Benefit and Contribution Schedule.
The Importance of Choosing the Right Plan
Whether you are an existing member considering your plan choice, or a new member joining us in 2012, choosing the right plan is an important decision that can impact on you for (up to) the next twelve months. We encourage you to take the time to know your benefits before making your choice, as you cannot change plans during the year.
There are a few things to consider when choosing your plan. Click here for a list of questions you need to ask yourself before choosing a plan.
Overview of Plans
Click here for a visual overview of the five Bankmed plans on offer.
Click here for the detailed benefit schedule for the five Bankmed plans.
Click on the links for more about the medical savings account, annual threshold/above threshold benefit and Prescribed Minimum Benefits.
Video Presentation of Bankmed's Benefit Plan Offering for 20121. Basic Plan
2. Core Saver Plan
3. Comprehensive Plan
4. Traditional Plan
5. Plus Plan
You can exercise your plan selection and update your details by using one of the following methods:
- By phone: Call us (toll free) on 0800 226 5633 and follow the voice prompts.
- Via the website: Login by clicking the login button at the top of this page and, using your membership number and PIN, follow the prompts to exercise your choice.
- By e-mail: Complete the plan selection form and e-mail it to email@example.com (This e-mail address is only available for the submission of plan selections for 2012 and will be closed after 18 November 2011).
- By fax: Complete the plan selection form and fax it to us on 021 480 5050/1/2/3/4 (These fax lines are only available for the submission of plan selections for 2012 and will be closed after 18 November 2011).
- By post: Complete the plan selection form and post it to us at Bankmed Plan Selection Form, PO Box 1242, Cape Town, 8000.
Internal Prosthesis Schedule
Click for a list of internal prosthesis items with their applicable sub-limits for the Core Saver, Comprehensive, Traditional and Plus plans. These sub-limits remain subject to the overall annual limits per plan for internal prosthesis.
Centres of Excellence for Cochlear Implants
Funding for cochlear implants will only be available in recognised Centres of Excellence. Click here to view the list of Centres of Excellence.
List of Doctors' Rooms Procedures
The following procedures can, in most cases, be safely performed in a doctor's rooms, without the need for a hospital admission. Only exceptional cases will be authorised for hospital admission. Doctors' rooms procedures will be covered from the available benefits as specified under 'General Practitioners and Specialists Consultations and Procedures in Rooms' in your 2012 Benefit and Contribution Schedule.
Click here to view the list of procedures.
Medical and Surgical Appliances: 2012 Sub-limits for Glucometers, Nebulisers and Blood Pressure Monitors (Traditional, Comprehensive and Plus Plans only)
Please note: these limits are subject to change. Benefits will be allocated as they apply at the relevant date of service.
- Blood Pressure Monitors: limited to R760.00
- Nebulisers: limited to R1080.00
- Glucometers: limited to R540.00
Core Saver Medicine Formulary
Click here to download the formulary.
Bankmed GP Nomination Form (Core Saver Plan only)
Click here to download a GP nomination form.