Bankmed is managed on a day-to-day basis by the Scheme's Management Team, while legal responsibility lies with the Board of Trustees.
The Scheme Management performs day-to-day management duties such as:
- Financial Management
- Marketing and Communications Management
- Client Relations Management
- Service Provider Management
- Wellness Management
The administration of Bankmed is, by law, independent from the management of the Scheme, and all administration services are contracted to Metropolitan Health (Pty) Ltd, an accredited medical scheme administrator.
Managed Care is provided to Bankmed members by Metropolitan Health Risk Management (Pty) Ltd, a division of Metropolitan Health (Pty) Ltd. Services offered by Metropolitan Health Risk Management extend to the provision of disease, medicine, hospital and clinical case management services.
The duties that are performed by the administrator include:
- Processing of member applications and amendments
- Collection of monthly contributions
- Processing of claims
- Management of the Bankmed Customer Services Centre
- Processing of queries