Who is CareCross?
CareCross Health manages the primary care benefits on the Bankmed PMB and Basic plans. These benefits are obtainable through the CareCross network of healthcare providers.
How does it work?
CareCross contracts with general practitioners (GPs), dentists and optometrists to render specific services to Bankmed members on the PMB Plan and Basic Plan. Members on this plan do not need to pay out-of-pocket for services rendered by the CareCross providers. The services offered are covered from the insured benefit and medical bills are sent directly to the scheme.
How do you benefit by being on the Bankmed PMB and Basic options with CareCross?
The PMB Plan and Basic Plan is suitable for members with high healthcare needs and financial limitations. Members on this plan have access to basic primary care benefits* from CareCross providers throughout the year with no additional costs to you. (*Protocols apply).
How to find a CareCross doctor
- Visit the CareCross website, www.carecross.co.za, to find a doctor in your area.
- Contact Bankmed Customer Service on 0800 226 5633 (0800 BANKMED).
Using the CareCross Network
- Each member of the family may select a doctor suitable for him/her.
- Stick with the selected CareCross doctor. Using more than one doctor makes the management of healthcare needs difficult.
- Know the doctor's room hours.
- Call the rooms ahead of time.
Things to remember
- Primary care benefits on the PMB Plan and Basic Plan can only be accessed via the CareCross providers.
- Ask questions if you are unsure.
- If you request medicines or other services not on the formulary, you will be responsible for the cost of these medicines or services.
- As far as possible, visit your doctor within normal room hours. Keep you emergency benefit for real emergencies.
- You will initially be required to pay upfront for (emergency) services outside of the network. These claims may be submitted to CareCross for reimbursement from the Emergency visit benefit.