Bankmed Virtual AGM 2021
Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees is made up of 12 Board members. The first six Board members are appointed by Absa Bank Ltd, FirstRand Bank Ltd and Standard Bank of South Africa. The remaining six members are elected on an annual rotation by the members of the Scheme prior to the Annual General Meeting.
All members of the Bankmed Board of Trustees are legally liable for the Scheme.
The duties of the Trustees are featured in detail in the Bankmed Rules with their core focus being member interest. Some of the Trustees responsibilities include:
- Acting on due diligence in the interest of Scheme members
- Taking all reasonable steps to ensure the interest of Scheme beneficiaries is protected in terms of the Rules and Acts
- Ensuring the compliance of the Scheme to the relevant Acts and other legislation
How are they elected?
Each year, Bankmed sends a trustee nomination form to every Principal Member to nominate a candidate to represent him/her on the Board of Trustees. All nominations must reach the Scheme on or before 28 February of any given year. The elections take place electronically, country-wide and the successful new Trustees are announced at the Bankmed Annual General Meeting, held in June of each year.
Election & Scheme Rules
Bankmed Trustee Elections 2021
The Board of Trustees welcomes your participation in the election of representatives to serve on the Bankmed Board.
Bankmed has appointed BDO Advisory Services (Pty) Ltd as the Independent Electoral Body (IEB) to manage and oversee the electoral process.
How to vote:
- Select the candidates button to review the candidates.
- Once you have "chosen your candidate/s", click on the "Vote" button.
- You will be required to verify that you are a Bankmed member. Provide your medical aid number (on your card) and your RSA ID Number/Passport Number (if you do not have an RSA ID).
- Choose your candidates and click "Vote".
Please Note: You will only be allowed 1 opportunity to vote. If you wish to vote for more than 1 candidate, then you must do so on the first attempt.
The Online Voting Portal will open on Wednesday, 05 May 2021 at 12:00 (midday) and will automatically close on Friday, 04 June 2021 at 12:00 (midday), members will not be able to vote after this date and time.
To review the Scheme Rules click here
The election is overseen by DBO South Africa. Any queries should be directed to:
Helpline: 010 590 7254 or BankmedAGM@bdo.co.za.
Trustee Election Candidates