How does Bankmed work?
Bankmed is managed on a day-to-day basis by the Scheme's Management Team, while legal responsibility lies with the Board of Trustees.
Scheme Management performs day-to-day management duties such as:
- Financial Management
- Marketing and Communications Management
- Client Relations Management
- Service Provider Management
- Wellness Management
- Scheme Administration
The administration of Bankmed is, by law, independent from the management of the Scheme and all administration services are contracted to Discovery Health (Pty) Ltd, an accredited medical scheme administrator.
Managed Care is provided to Bankmed members by Discovery Health Risk Management (Pty) Ltd, a division of Discovery Health (Pty) Ltd. Services offered by Discovery Health Risk Management extend to providing services related to disease, medicine, hospital and clinical case management.
The duties that are performed by the administrator include:
- Processing member applications and amendments
- Collecting monthly contributions
- Processing claims
- Managing the Bankmed Customer Services Centre
- Processing queries